Tuesday, September 8, 2009

History of the world Part 1

It's a little ridiculous to consider learning in absolute detail all of the world's history within a trimester or semester. There are thousands upon thousands of years to wade through with seven continents, and an ever changing amount of countries to account for. Even if we cut back our study to the beginning of the literary age, we're still dealing with over two thousand years. If we cut out all of the people who did not form any type of literary text until recently, we can get through it a little bit easier. That's what most of us do. We bypass all the oral cultures (which are hard to work with) in order to press forward with text.

But that would be easy! And notice how many people we miss out on! This blog will focus on each continent and give a brief history and details of the area in order to better make our way through the mire. On this post, please focus on the continent of Australia. Tell me everything you know about it!

4 comments:

  1. I don't know much, but I know I like how they talk:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPgSa9djYU8

    ReplyDelete
  2. Australia is a movie starring Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman. I have not seen it. Australia is entirely inhabited by murderers and thieves. I do not really know anything about Australia and what I do know I learned from Crocodile Dundee and The Rescuers Down Under.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first two Crocodile Dundee movies, but the third is a disappointment. Captain Incredible is also set partly in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not know a ton about Australia, just that the people there have crazy accents!...Oh, and I absolutely HATED the movie Australia!

    ReplyDelete